Honey Mustard Chicken Foil Packets - Juicy chicken and potatoes are cooked inside of foil packets with an easy and flavorful honey mustard sauce! This recipe is perfect for the oven or the grill.
Is it completely ridiculous if I tell you all that foil pack dinners pretty much completely changed my life?
I mean, it's just toss everything in and go - they're so nice for the oven on busy nights and perfect for the grill when the weather is warm!
When they're done, everyone just gets their own awesome foil pouch of dinner.
Clean up is a total snap too, which I'm never ever going to complain about.
I mean, seriously, who needs a plate?
You know I've been talking about camping/lake weekends A LOT around here lately.
I just can't wait to gooooo! Is school out for summer yet?
One more week. Almost there.
These will be another regular on our camping menu this year. Super easy to make the sauce ahead, get these ready in about five minutes, and chill out while they grill for about 20 minutes.
Are you guys "honey mustard people" I totally am. Love the stuff, give me a straw.
Dan, not a honey mustard guy. BUT - he loves this you guys!
Glad he likes them, because, I would have kept making them if he didn't anyway.
So if you have never done foil packets, it's pretty simple.
For this one, the honey mustard sauce is just a few ingredients so I get it whisked together first.
Pull off sheets of foil that are about 12 inches long, and spray them with cooking spray.
I use baby red and yellow potatoes, cut the big ones in half so they all have a chance to cook the same.
Cube up some chicken breast tenders.
Pile it on your foil. Salt & pepper your heart out. Drizzle with honey mustard.
Fold the sides of the foil over the top of the chicken and seal, then fold up the ends and seal. Creating your little "packet."
Bake them in the oven or pop them on the grill - and - EAT!
Honey Mustard Chicken Foil Packets
- 1 ½ Pounds Chicken Breast Tenders, Cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 ½ Pounds Baby Potatoes, Cut into bite sized pieces
- ⅓ Cup Honey
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Yellow Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- In a small bowl whisk together the honey, dijon mustard, and yellow mustard until well combined. In a second small bowl whisk together the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat, or preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pull off 4 sheets of foil, each about 12 inches long and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Layer the potatoes and chicken evenly in the center of the foil packets. Season the potatoes and chicken with the spice mixture. Drizzle evenly with honey mustard.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the chicken and seal closed. Bake in preheated oven or on grill for 20-25 minutes. Chicken is done when internal temperature is 165 degrees.
This recipe has been shared over at The Weekend Potluck!