Chili Cheese Dip - This hot, cheesy, mouthwatering dip is so easy and perfect for a game day or holiday! This dip includes, chili, cream cheese, shredded cheese, and salsa!
Chili Cheese Dip:
Next to Buffalo Chicken Dip, this chili cheese is my favorite of all time! Put both of them side by side at a party, or even just for your own game day get together and everyone is a happy camper! I love how savory this dip is, and how you can change it up to your own preferences. I like to make this in my small slow cooker, but you can make it in the oven or stove top too, whatever works for you! If you have a large get together, this is super easy to double and then dump it all into a big crockpot to keep it warm. When you make this you can just pour the chili, cheeses, salsa and seasonings in and let the slow cooker warm it for a couple of hours. If you need the dip hot right away, warm it all in a saucepan on low until everything melts. At that point you can transfer it to the crock pot if you want on warm and it will keep for a couple of hours for sure. Just stir it up every once in a while! There's not much to this one, probably the easiest and most satisfying dip ever!
Chili Cheese Dip Recipe Notes and Tips:
- CHILI: Y0u can use any chili you love best! Leftover homemade chili is great, and so is store bought/canned chili. I personally tend to grab canned chili with beans myself. You can get chili with or without beans, use what you prefer.
- CHEESE: This is one of those recipes where anything goes! Cream cheese is a must but otherwise you can use any shredded cheese you want. You could also cube up some American style cheese if you want. I typically use a bag of pre-shredded Mexican style or cheddar blend. YES, you can shred your own cheese if you want but for this recipe, bagged cheese is also fine!
- SALSA: You can use homemade if you have it! I tend to always have a couple jars in my pantry because I don't always have homemade. Hot, mild, medium, whatever you want! You can use red or green salsa, make it your own!
- The OPTIONAL ingredients here are garlic powder, taco seasoning, and hot sauce. They are optional, but I promise if you add them all it will take this dip up a notch! I always use Cholula hot sauce myself, it's the best flavor and not too spicy.
Chili Cheese Dip
- 2 14 Ounce Cans Chili, or 3 cups homemade chili
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 2 ½ Cups Shredded Cheddar
- ½ Cup Salsa
- 1 Tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1-2 teaspoons Hot Sauce OPTIONAL
- FOR SERVING: Tortilla Chips
- Add all ingredients to a medium deep pot over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Add the chili to the bottom of your slow cooker. Layer remaining ingredients over the top. Heat on low for 2 hours, or high for 1 hour stirring halfway through cooking and once before serving.